Friday, March 6, 2015

BOSTON ENGAGEMENT WEEEKND | ANDY + TRICIA

This winter, Boston, MA has been slammed with over 100 inches of snow (and counting). Despite such crazy weather, Andy and Tricia decided to have me up to follow them around for two days and photograph their life in the city of Boston. Andy and Tricia will be getting hitched this October in Charlottesville, VA, but live and work in the Cambridge, MA area. Tricia and I have been friends since high school and this was my first time meeting Andy. I knew the second they snagged me from the airport on Friday evening that this was going to be a fun weekend. Andy and Tricia are so fun, adventurous, and easy going. They made me feel at home, and by the end of the weekend it felt like we've been hanging out for years. I'm so happy for them. They are the most perfect people for each other and it became even more obvious the more time I spent with them. Photographing their wedding this fall is going to be an amazing experience. After we dropped off my bags, we went straight to their favorite neighborhood bar to talk and plan things out for the weekend. We decided to schedule our shoots around where they first met at Harvard Square and spent most of our time around their neighborhood.

When we woke up on Saturday, Andy and I went exploring. Then, we met up with Tricia about mid-morning and got started. Our morning consisted of browsing the Harvard Peabody Museum, curling on Harvard campus, brunch at Tory Row, and then eating the most delicious Belgium waffles I've ever had at Zinneken's. Later, we took their dog, Kota, on a walk near M.I.T. to check out the city skyline at sunset. Despite the below feezing temperatures all day, it was a lot of fun. The next day, we spent the morning and early afternoon walking around downtown Boston. We grabbed some goodies from Mike's Pastry and finished up with pretzels and craft brews at Harpoon Brewery before my flight home. The ongoing joke all weekend was that I photographed them eating and drinking all weekend due to going to all of their favorite spots. So not surprisingly, it looked just like that at times. At least we walked over 16 miles in a day and a half to burn it all off.





















































































































































No comments :

Post a Comment